Geneseo Schools 5th Grade Curriculum
- Balanced literary instruction
- Silver Burdett textbooks help students apply phonics skills, use comprehension strategies, and increase vocabulary knowledge while reading a variety of interesting nonfiction and fiction selections.
- Novel Units continue to develop the use of skills and strategies, expand vocabulary, and promote the enjoyment of reading.
- The Rebecca Sitton Spelling Program helps students develop spelling skills and holds them accountable to spell words correctly in their everyday writing. The program helps students understand and spell root words, prefixes, and suffixes.
- Daily Oral Language lessons provide instruction and practice using correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, parts of speech, and editing.
- The six traits of Writing Program includes instruction and practice using: ideas and content, organization, voice, word choice, sentence fluency, and conventions.
- Place Value
- Problem Solving
- Addition and Subtraction
- Multiplication and division
- Decimals and Fractions
- Geometry and measurement
- Native Americans
- American Colonies
- American Revolution
- U.S. Constitution
- Westward Movement
- U.S. Civil War
- Maps/Geography Skills
- Citizenship (Second step)
- Current Events
“What is a Public Education Worth?”
High School: 945-0399
Middle School: 945-0599
Madrigal Dinner Tickets for December 4-6 are SOLD OUT!! Thank you everyone; enjoy the show!
SCHOOL REPORT CARD an index of school performance measured against statewide and local standards.
Geneseo CUSD#228 is in need of substitute teachers for all grade levels. Interested individuals must have a valid teaching or substitute teaching certificate. Please contact the Regional Office of Education at 309-936-7890 for compliance requirements.
WATCH GENESEO CHANNEL 50
Link to: GENESEO PUBLIC LIBRARY
DISTRICT EVENTS ATTENDANCE POLICY for Non-High School Students
GENESEO ENDOWMENT for EXCELLENCE in EDUCATION